Thursday 9 July 2009

This is a Modern World...

Walking down West Derby Road, I noticed a large unkempt scruffy woman walking towards me holding a a carrier bag from the local shithole fastfood eatery. As she got closer, it dawned on me that she was wearing an "Istanbul 2005 Champions League Final" t shirt. Now, being an avid Evertonian any cunt wearing one of those nasty cheap garments is enough to make me want to hurl, but this Grade A scruff was wearing it nearly 4 years after they lifted the fucking thing. As she walked past I didn't even make eye contact, she repulsed me that much. From the corner of my eye I noticed her hair looked like it hadn't been washed for days, and the pair of tracky bottoms she was sporting were those cheap nasty efforts, probably "Donnay" or some other shitty label they sell in those god awful sport shops. Once I was past the fucking heffa I thought to myself "Why can't I just be like her and not give a fuck". It would be a lot easier and far less stressful. I have pride and self worth, something this human being clearly never had. Just by looking at the pig you could tell she'd never held a job down in her whole life. The road before I got to my house some skinny scrawny middle-aged fella dressed in a black tracky was walking his Staffordshire bull terrier, whilst smoking a roly with his head down. He didn't even look up at me as I walked past. Another smackhead, crackhead or alky. What the fuck has this place turned into? It used to be such a nice area years ago. Am I different? Am I the strange one?
It was a warm summer evening, I was wearing my Lacoste polo top and combat shorts with my Timberland boat shoes. Not that these 2 fucking scruffs would even know or appreciate what I was wearing. I've always been into the clobber from a young age, as were all the kids that used to live round here. To see these scruffs bouncing round here these days makes me so angry. The people imitate the area - dirty, rundown and in the gutter. I feel like I don't belong in this modern world.

2 comments:

  1. A superior slice of observational writing, lucid, witty, surreal and profane. Raw, engaging and pulled straight from the writer's feverishly energetic mind and soul.

    I'll be following this one...

    Top marks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admittedly, i *was* having an off day that day, and my Istanbul t-shirt was the only thing i could find clean to put on....haha

    ReplyDelete